If for any reason you miss a payment, ring us immediately so we can arrange a solution that works and you can manage. If you continue to miss payments and fail to make arrangements, you may be liable for extra interest and default fees. Each time we send a warning letter, email or SMS text, you may be charged default fees of $10. If we have not received a payment after 30 days, your loan will be handed over to our debt collectors.
If you have trouble repaying your loan, please contact us as soon as possible. We will work with you to find solutions if you are having problems with your money, or suddenly face hardship.
If you are unable reasonably to keep up your payments or other obligations because of illness, injury, loss of employment, the end of a relationship, or other reasonable cause, you may be able to apply to the creditor for a hardship variation.
To apply for a hardship variation, you need to make an application in writing and explain your reason for the application and request an extension of the term of the contract or request a postponement of the dates on which payments are due under the contract or both. This may help by reducing the amount of each payment.
You must give this application to the creditor as soon as soon as possible. If you leave it for too long, the creditor may not have to consider your application.
We are committed to collecting your past due loans in a caring, compassionate, fair and lawful manner.
You have a right to cancel your loan within 7 working days. If you cancel you loan, we can charge you the amount of any reasonable expenses that had to be paid in connection with the Loan Agreement and its cancellation. We can also charge you any interest accrued for the period from the day you received the loan until the day you repaid the balance.
Please refer to the ‘Statement of Right to Cancel’ on your Credit Contract for full details on your right to cancel and your obligations on cancellation.
We welcome your feedback and if you are dissatisfied in any way, we are anxious to learn about your concern and then strive to remedy the situation
If you have any issues, concerns or complaint please call or email us – we want you to be completely satisfied with our service. However if this initial attempt to resolve the matter has failed, please address the issue please write or email the manager at Acorn Finance 2012 Limited.(See contact details below). We have an internal complaints process and undertake to investigate any concerns promptly and fairly. We have up to 40 days to respond to your complaint.
We are a member of an independent dispute resolution scheme operated by Financial Services Complaints Limited (“FSCL”) and approved by the Ministry of Consumer Affairs. If you are not satisfied with our response, you may then refer the matter to FSCL by emailing email@example.com or calling on 0800 347 257.
Note that FSCL does not deal with complaints about fees or interest rates unless they are not the same as in your loan agreement. There is no cost to you to use the services of FSCL.
We process new loan applications during business hours Monday to Friday 9am to 4:30pm.
When you deal with Acorn Finance, use our website, make a loan application or communicate with us in any way, we collect personal information about you. We strive to protect the privacy of any personal information supplied to us and only use it for the purpose intended. For more information see the Privacy of Personal Information Policy on this website.
We, Acorn Finance agree to:
Pay you the Loan Advance amount specified in the Credit Details section when we receive a signed copy of the Credit Contract (or your Electronic Approval if you are a returning client)
- Send or provide you with a copy of the Credit Contract
- Set up a Direct Debit facility to debit the payments from your bank account according to the Repayment Schedule
- Provide you with statements and outstanding balances on request
- Notify you of any variations to this Credit Contract before they take effect
- Deal with you in a reasonable and ethical manner
- Meet all our responsibilities under this Credit Contract
- Stop charging any interest if your payments are in default and more than 60 days have elapsed from the opening date of this Credit Contract
- Send you reminder advice by email, text message or mail when a payment is missed
- Protect and keep private your personal information excluding those provisions in the Privacy Waiver you agree to on application
You agree to:
- Pay the amount(s) specified in the Payments section on the due date(s) using the Direct Debit Facility or otherwise by a payment method approved by us
- Meet all your responsibilities under this Credit Contract
- Make sure all the information you give us is accurate and complete
- Notify us of any change in your contact details, your employer or in your financial situation that could affect your ability to repay this loan on time
- Confirm you have read the Important Information for Borrowers document on the website or at our premises and agree this loan is right for you
- Notify us if you are having difficulties making the scheduled loan payments
- Notify us of your intention to cancel any Direct Debit Authority we are using to deduct payments from your bank account.
Pay any default fees due to missed or dishonoured payments as specified in this Credit Contract and pay any debt collection agency fees if defaults are not remedied including legal and recovery costs
We both agree to:
- Accept notices and communications by mail, fax, email or personal delivery
- Agree to be bound by any electronic communications that we send or provide each other
You will be in default of this contract if:-
You fail to make a payment to us when it is due or;
You fail to meet one or more of your obligations under this credit contract; or
- You are declared bankrupt, or under a No Asset Procedure or Summary InstallmentOrder
1. During any relationship you have with us, you agree that we may collect information about you. You may ask to see information we
hold about you and ask for any details that are wrong to be corrected. We may hold the information and share it with the pers ons
who we consider need it to register a financing statement for the security interest and for the continuance or enforcement of this
2. Credit Agencies.
a. In respect of us providing one or more loans to you and undertaking periodic reviews, or for the requirements of the Anti-
Money Laundering and Countering of Terrorism Act 2009, you authorize us to make credit references within our normal
procedures. For this purpose, we may seek from any such source information concerning you.
b. You also authorize the collection and disclosure of all information relevant to your accounts including repayment history
information from/to any credit reporting agency. Credit reporting agencies my use information disclosed by us to update
their credit reporting database, and disclose any information that they hold about you to their customers as permitted under
the Credit Reporting Privacy Code. In addition, we may use any service provided by our credit reporting agencies to receive
updates of the information it holds about you.
c. In the event that you are in default under any credit facility from us, we are authorized to disclose all relevant information
about you, to and for the use by, credit reporting agencies, debt collecting agencies and law firms.
3. We may use any company or agent approved by us to perform any of our responsibilities under this contract. This means they wi ll
have the same specified rights as we have
4. We may transfer all of our obligations in this agreement to someone else. We will advise you if we do this.
Phone 0800 503 114
Fax (09) 419 8924
Mailing address PO Box 34 673 Birkenhead, Auckland 0746, New Zealand
Physical address 52C Mokoia Road, Birkenhead, 0626, New Zealand
Acorn Finance 2012 Limited also trades as the names The Little Loan Shop and Cash Relief is New Zealand Registered Financial Service Provider no. FSP246365